Sunday, January 20, 2008

Welcome to the Rachal Family Blog!

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon

It's January 2008, and Joe and I have been meaning to do this since before Harry was born. Somehow time got away from us. Or maybe it's that we just don't have any extra time anymore. Having two kids in two years threw us into a spin - and it hasn't really slowed down. It's been a wonderful adventure, but there are times when I really can't remember exactly what has happened in the last year (or month..or day). When the kids are napping in the afternoon and the house is quiet, I sometimes make plans in my head for things I'll do when we have more time - like finish that book on my nightstand, rearrange the closets, have a garage sale, plant some flowers in the yard, organize all our photos, finally finish unpacking the garage...the list is endless. Life in its many forms, specifically kids and jobs, tends to get in the way of the things you plan to do, and sadly, they become the things you should have done. I've been pondering that John Lennon quote lately and it troubles me. I hate to think I'm wasting this time in my life planning for another. After reading a friend's blog this week and enjoying every moment of her normal little life, I thought - okay, it's time. Time to start recording those amazing (and not so amazing) moments of our family life before we forget them. Time to talk about things that matter to us now so that we can look back and see who we were and how we've changed (or how we haven't). Oh...and maybe add some cute pics of the kids along the way.

So here we go...the Rachal Family life story. Please visit us as often as you like and send us your comments now and then - we'd appreciate that. This crazy ride keeps moving whether we get on or not. I guess it's time to have some fun.

No comments: